Areas of Research Study (may include, but are not limited to)
- Maternal-child health
- Maternal-child mental well-being
- Early child development
- Mother-infant relationships
- Mothers, stress and coping
- Developmental pathways in infants and young children
- Pre-natal and post-natal interventions
- Health promotion for mothers and children
- Environmental considerations in infant/child health and development
- Patient safety issues relating to maternal-child health
- Health policy and practice in relation to mothers, infants and children
- Other topics in maternal-child health
$10,000 (may vary). Being selected for this scholarship may have implications for your graduate funding package. Kindly contact your Graduate Program Director if you have questions about your funding.
Limited travel funds are also available for recipients of this scholarship to present their findings at research conferences.
The Wright Foundation has also provided funding to support a learning academy, which will enable scholarship recipients to interact with senior academic and professional leaders in the field on both academic and community initiatives. Recipients of this scholarship will be expected to participate in the academy.
To be considered for this scholarship, submit the application form and a written statement (maximum 2 single-spaced pages, 12 point font, 1” margins) outlining your experience and interest in maternal-child health. Statements should be written in lay language for a non-specialist audience. Statements may include a description of your desire and/or intention to further your studies and research in this area. Where possible, please include a letter of support from your supervisor. The letter should describe your interest in the area of maternal-child health, and how your current or proposed research area fits within the overall goals of your supervisor’s research program. Where applicable, please append a separate list of your publications.
Please note that you are not required to submit a transcript with your application. GPAs will be verified separately by the Administrative Secretary in the Research Support Office.
If you have questions, please contact the Administrative Secretary in the Research Support Office at extension 21006 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please print, complete and submit the full application form in hardcopy format to the Faculty of Health Research Support Office, HNES 428. Any support letters may be provided in hardcopy or electronic format to the Administrative Secretary at email@example.com.
Protection of Privacy
- Personal information in connection with this application is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and The York University Act, 1965.
- This information is used to process your application and decide on your eligibility for the award.
- Once an award has been granted, York University may disclose certain information to the donor of the award, provincial funding organizations and/or York University academic departments/Faculties and Colleges, as set out in the application form below.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, your name and photograph may be used for promotional purposes.
- If you have any questions about the collection of this information, please contact: Information and Privacy Office, York University, 1050 Kaneff Tower, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3.